Wednesday, January 23, 2008

80g tank pics

I havent made any progress since washing and filling the new tank with the flourite black. So I decided to post pictures of the last tank I made. It's 4'x2'x17". It is sitting out in front of my house after I had wetsanded and micromeshed the seams and cutouts. The seams on this tank turned out perfect. One TINY bubble in 32' of seams using 1/2" acrylic. The new tank didn't turn out as well. I expected it to be easier since it was lighter, but I spent a great deal of time with this 80g getting the glue-up work surface flat and used lots of shims under the tank. The new tank has some bubbles but that's OK. I am happy with the new tank's appearance given the time invested. This tank mattered more visually so I spent a great deal of time (and beer) sanding and polishing.

1 comment:

Chris Noto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.